You are precious...

Good morning friends :) I am excited for this weekend...Easter! I always loved getting a basket and being told to go outside and hunt for Easter eggs. I am excited that this year I am the one providing the baskets and asking the children to go and hunt :)

Since this is the time of year where we can remember Jesus Christ and all He has done for us, I want to express how much Jesus loves you, and me! There is a song I sang in Sunday school as a little girl, it says, "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight!" How true that is, friend. God loves us so much that He gave His son. Did you digest that? God gave us HIS SON! I don't know about you, but that would be very hard for me to do. Not only did God give us His son to walk on the earth, proclaim God's goodness, and give people hope...He sent Jesus to die for us! Wow - I don't think I will ever digest that the way I need to. Jesus Christ walked on the earth, all the while knowing what the Father expected of Him.

Jesus Christ's own people rejected Him. They tortured Him and they crucified Him!! I can't even imagine a more horrible betrayal or death! But Jesus did it. He did it for every one of us! He died on that cross so that we may be saved. And that's not even the most amazing part! Jesus died on the cross yes, He was buried in a tomb, yes, but what Jesus did next, no one could fathom. Jesus rose from the dead! Amazing, how marvelous!! Jesus Christ died for every sin on earth, and then God the Father raised Him from the dead. He conquered dead and gave us victory. Even when He knew not one of us deserved it. And do you know why, precious one? Because God loves us, and He wants the best for us. No matter what the cost! He values our lives and our souls so much! He believes we are worth dying for and....precious!

I looked up the word precious in the dictionary, and this is what I found:

ADJECTIVE:

  1. Of high cost or worth; valuable.
  2. Highly esteemed; cherished.
  3. Dear; beloved.
  4. Affectedly dainty or overrefined: precious mannerisms.
  5. Informal Thoroughgoing; unmitigated: a precious mess.
NOUN:
One who is dear or beloved; a darling.
Wow - isn't that amazing?!? God thinks we are dear, beloved, highly esteemed, cherished. And my most favorite, of high cost or worth, valuable!! Wow - God thinks we are so worthy of His love that He sent Jesus Christ to die for our sins.

I am now and will be forever thankful to Jesus Christ for what He did for me on the cross. I hope you take this time to reflect on what He has done in your life and thank Him for that. Maybe when the kids are picking up their eggs and putting them into their baskets, one by one, those are our sins Jesus died for!

Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice and your blood! To Him be the glory, forever, and ever!

Cortnee :)
(I am a precious mess!! I love that - that is my new tag line :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog and your new tagline! Thanks for sharing my friend!

Post a Comment

twitstamp.com