Prayer Warrior

Hey friends! Some of you may know this about me, and others may not. I am on a team in the twitterverse called @Worldprayr. This account was set up by an individual who loves the Lord and loves to pray for people. I started with Twitter on March 31, 2009. When I started I wasn't sure why I was there and what I was going to "tweet" about. Then all of a sudden I realized that I could use this amazing platform to profess the goodness of God, share His Word with people, encourage those who were down and pray for those who were hurting and in need. So that's what I did. I started RTing all the great things people were tweeting about. I started building relationships with people, praying for people, and encouraging people with scriptures.

Through this journey I met an amazing team @Worldprayr. I started seeing how they were praying not just for people on Twitter or in their follower group, but also for the world at large. Then it hit me! Wow, we could really impact the world with groups like these when praying for people and sharing God's love with them. I so wanted to be a part of the team, but had no idea who was working the account and how to get in. I loved RTing all of their wonderful prayer tweets and I saw how they impacted the lives of others when I saw the replies from people who had been touched by this team.

Then one day, I saw a post that read..."if you want to be a part of the team @worldprayr..." Needless to say, that was all I needed. Truth be told, I emailed them and didn't get a response and was discouraged. Then an amazing friend of mine @Aliveinme sent me a DM. We had been building a friendship of our own and she suggested I become a part of the team @Worldprayr. I was so excited to learn that she was already on the team, and that she was actually interested in ME.

From that point on I have been a part of the @Worldprayr team. I have tweeted verses, prayed for people, encouraged people, etc. And I have loved every minute of it. Recently I was asked if I wanted to take on a more leadership type position on the team. Of course I said yes! Now I am working the email account for @Worldprayr. I am doing a lot of the administrative duties that come along with the email account and the leadership position. God knows what He is doing. God saw what I wanted to do with Twitter and now He has brought me together with a team of amazing people to impact the twitterverse, one tweet at a time!

For me, @Worldprayr is a ministry that is here to help people who are in need. To be honest, we are ALL in need. The prayers that are sent out are sometimes the prayers of the people working on the team. But God is so good, He uses the team not only to help and strengthen others, but to help and strengthen the members of the team.

My goal and vision for my role on the team @Worldprayr is endless. I love being a part of something that God has built. He brought together the members He needed with different gifts and abilities. God is the One leading this ministry and I love and am honored to be a part of it!

My challenge for everyone of you reading this, is to become part of a team of believers that are on fire to help God's people succeed in this life! Nothing is better then helping out your fellow man. I encourage you to pray for one another, lift up the body of believers and strive to reach everyone who is in need! That is what God has called us to do! We must first love God, then love others. (John 15:12) This is the Great Commission, (Matthew 28), to tell the world about Jesus, and to make disciples of nations. And I am proud to be a part of it!

God bless you all!! I love you sincerely!

Cortnee :)
aka @Cortnee4Christ


2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, Cortnee....I am so excited to see how God has worked through Twitter. When I first started "tweeting" I wasn't sure either what exactly what I would find. I am just amazed to have met so many wonderful Christians this way...Thank you for the prayers you have said on behalf of me and my family already and I will continue to share this wonderful team of prayer warriors with others. You're right, God wants us to love Him and others -- unconditionally and without judgment, building them up for His kingdom. May God continue to bless you as you work to further His kingdom!! I know I will be sending more prayer requests your way.
A sister in Christ - Sue

Kathryn Skaggs said...

I'm so glad that I met you, on Twitter. I truly appreciate what you are doing online, to be a positive influence, for good:-)
tDMg

Post a Comment

twitstamp.com